Wednesday, November 23, 2011

That Special Gift by Russ Cox

© 2011 Russ Cox | Smiling Otis Studio

As the holidays quickly approach and we begin to reflect on this past year, I just wanted to take a moment to say "THANK YOU" to Hazel, Sheri, Debbie, Fred, and John for letting me be part of this spectacular group of artist/writers. They say you cannot teach an old dog a new trick but with the feedback, support and encouragement from my fellow Pixel Shavers, I say you can. Each one has been a major influence on the direction my artwork is heading and on me as a person. I cannot thank you enough. They are also responsible for giving me a swift kick in the rump I needed to start writing. I would never have even considered taking that journey without that push down the writing path. So this illustration I am posting today, is for each of them and to all of my family and friends. You truly are "that special gift" in my life.

Also a big THANK YOU for coming to the Pixel Shavings glog and following our journey this year. Have a wonderful holiday season and cheers to 2012!

Russ

The charismatic Debbie Ohi will be up to bat next week.

www.smilingotis.com
Smiling Otis Facebook Fan Page
Smiling Otis Studio Blog

4 comments:

  1. Really great illustration Russ! Thanks for your sentiments and thanks for being there for all of us as well. I'm soooo thankful for this group! I've been so inspired by the creativity and talent here and have learned a ton from everyone. Thanks for sharing! It's been fun to watch us all grow artistically and move outside our comfort zones this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri for liking the illustration and for being part of this glorious group of folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a wonderful post, Russ. :-) I feel the same way about Pixel Shavings. And YAYYYY for your writing! :-D

    ReplyDelete