Thursday, November 4, 2010

Get Your Boots On! by Sheralyn Barnes

I've lived most of my adult life in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area. Two years ago I moved south to Louisville, KY. Being a person who fears and absolutely detests being cold, I have loved living in a mild climate! When I moved, I gave away my Muk Luks, thinking I would have no use for them again. But alas, after two years, I am moving back to the great north! Despite the cold, the cities are calling me home! So...it is convenient that I am also working on a project that involves the beauty of winter and putting on boots! Winter is truly beautiful. This is a sample from a book project that I am currently working on. It is the first piece that I have put away my trusted brushes and oil paints and have done in the computer.
This is the original sketch in graphite. The lovely Mrs. Mosley is about to venture out into the wintry night!   



This is the final version

                                       THANKS for taking the time to look in on my world!

6 comments:

  1. Me too Sheri .. love that sock .. can't wait to see what you do with a WACOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys! Yeah Hazel...I should have added that I did all this with a MOUSE! How slowly I learn!!! Wacom arrives today!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a drawing tablet Toby that you plug in to your computer. Sheri ... it will change your life and stop that carpal tunnel ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the invisible communication line between the lady and the kitty and the overall effect has got great texture! I'm thinking a splash of textured color through the background might help soften the edges - but you'll learn all kinds of tricks as you play in photoshop, esp. with the tablet. Cheers. -fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I like the illustration. I agree with Fred about the splash of color. Also look at her leg that is raised. I cannot tell if it is her right or left leg. It looks odd and stands out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments you guys! Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete